Monday 4 January 2016

My January-February To-Read List

If you've read any of my earlier posts you might know I'm a fan of BookHippo and Bookbub which are great sites for finding ebooks that are free or on special offer from Amazon.

I've gone a bit crazy the last couple of days and actually bought some books (as opposed to free books) so it looks like I'm going to be busy the next couple of weeks.

At the moment I'm reading a book sent via NetGalley for review:  The Lubetkin Legacy by Marina Lewycka.  I've started it and so far I'm enjoying it but I will probably put it aside for a week or so as it won't be published until May.  I've read at least two of her earlier books, A History of Tractors in Ukrainian and Two Caravans, and although it was some time ago, I remember liking them, especially the first one.

Anyway I've bought the following books and I would love to know what others thought of them.

The Separation
This is by Dinah Jefferies.  It was her first book and I have heard good things about it.  I'm quite keen to get started on it.  I read a review copy of her second book, The Tea Planter's wife, last year and loved it.  I have also read her forthcoming book, The Silk Merchant's Daughter, for review.  It's due for publication 25 February and I have to wait until then to post my review.  She seems to have become one of my favourite authors!

All The Light We Cannot See
The author is Anthony Doerr.  I haven't read anything by him before.  I'm pretty sure a friend read this book and recommended it to me but I can't for the life of me remember who.  Doh! I've just realised it's a prizewinning book, including the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.  I've got high hopes for this one.

The Other Son
I've only read one of Nick Alexander's previous books, The Half-Life of Hannah.  I seem to remember quite liking it.  The Other Son was one of Amazon's offers so I thought I would take a chance and download it.

So that will be some of my reading over the next couple of months.

Actually when I look at what's in my Kindle library there are probably at least 50 books I've downloaded at one time or another but haven't read.  Most of them didn't cost anything - the paid for ones I have read!  

I think one of my resolutions this year will be to try once again to organise my time better to fit in all the reading I want to do, all the paintings I want to paint and (maybe) de-clutter the house.

Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment