Tuesday 9 January 2018

New Year – Old Resolutions?


I don’t really do resolutions. Well apart from deciding every January that I’m going to get my act together and post regular reviews of the books I get from NetGalley AND post on time!

Every year however I soon realise that reading the book is easy; writing a review takes me a bit longer…. and if I leave it too long between reading and reviewing I end up having to read bits of the book again.

Oh how I admire the bloggers who post several times a week, sometimes daily. I’ve tried writing two or three at once and scheduling the posts. It sort of worked but then I sat back, pleased that I was up to date and indeed ahead of schedule, and made the mistake of not keeping ahead of schedule and then realising I had quite a bit of catching up to do.

I suspect I’m just too keen to start reading the next one on the list – just a quick peek you know but I’ll write my review of the previous one before I start properly on the new one. Hah! No chance. Before I know it I’m engrossed in the new one.

So then I think, I’ll not request any more books from NetGalley for the rest of the month and I’ll catch up. So what happens then? That’s when I usually get an invitation or two to read a new book – and those publishing folk know what I’ve enjoyed before, and are so good at tempting me to accept what’s on offer.

For what it’s worth this will be my resolution for 2018: once again I’m going to at least try to be more organised however I’m almost 64 and I’ve never managed it yet. My intentions are good so here’s hoping.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment