Sunday 15 July 2018

THE BEST LAID PLANS …… or, time to return to pencil and paper?


Why is it when you make plans to get up to date with admin (and blogging), technology lets you down – again!

I know I’m easily distracted but I really did intend to catch up with drafting book reviews and post a couple (I’ve read three really good books in the past month).  I had some rough notes jotted down in a Word document ready for me to transform into a few paragraphs that made sense.

Went upstairs on Friday evening, switched on the PC ….. nothing.  The computer tried to start then spluttered and died.  Tried a few things ….. still nothing.  Of course my notes are not on a shared platform, just on the PC.  Typical.

Looked out an old (ancient) laptop.  I’m pretty sure it was still working when I stopped using it but it was old and slow.  Plugged it in …… nothing.  I could hear it trying to start but again, it just died.  There wasn’t even a flicker on the screen.

I have an android tablet and a smartphone but I find it incredibly difficult to type meaningful paragraphs without making mistakes.  The keyboard part of the screen is so tiny and it’s not so easy to cut and paste and swap things around.

Late last night I found another old device and I’ve managed to get it working for now so I’m kind of using this post as a typing practice. I’m so not used to this keyboard.  Small Notebook keyboards are not great to type on (but better than a tablet!)

Oh well.  Time to get on with drafting my reviews.  Perhaps I should go back to pencil and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment