Tuesday 10 November 2015

My Sister's Grave - Robert Dugoni

Sometimes I inadvertently do things back to front.  In an earlier blog I mentioned Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni.  That book was the second in a series of crime thrillers set in the Seattle area.  It was a good book that I enjoyed without having read the first in the series.

I have now managed to read the first book in the series,  My Sister's Grave.

This book was just as good.  I liked the characters (some of whom I had met in the second book of the series) and the pace of the story was good.  Like "Her Final Breath", there is no slow start - the action starts almost immediately and interest is maintained throughout.

Tracy Crosswhite is a homicide detective.  Her sister Sarah had disappeared, and was believed murdered 20 years previously.  Tracey has spent those years questioning the facts surrounding her sister's disappearance and the trial of Edmund House who was convicted of the murder.  She thinks they may have convicted the wrong person.

When human remains are found near the town where Tracy's family lived, they are identified as her sister's remains. Tracy decides to investigate further and to get the answers she has been seeking. There are a few twists and turns and shocks along the way.

The story is told in the present (after the remains are found) and in the past (the events leading up to and following her sister's disappearance) but the shifts in time are clear.

I actually don't read a lot of crime thrillers (I just happen to have read more of them recently).  I enjoyed this one, and once I had started reading it I found it hard to put down.

Apparently there is a third book in the series due out in May 2016.



Author website:    www.robertdugoni.com


No comments:

Post a Comment